Emergency Water Supply for Rural Residents

Emergency Water Supply for Rural Residents

During times of extended dry conditions some residents not serviced by town water, who are reliant on tank supply, may require some emergency water while waiting for a tanker to top up their tanks.

Council has made arrangements to supply water to residents requiring an emergency supply of non-potable water. The water is supplied via a metered standpipe and hose at the Nammoona landfill.

Where can I purchase water?

Address:  Off Reynolds Road Casino on Dargaville Drive, opposite the Casino saleyards.
Opening hours: 8:30 am to 4.30 pm, seven days per week except for public holidays (closed).

Where do I make payment and what is the cost?

Water can be collected in the resident’s containers or tank and the metered amount is charged based on Council’s current fees and charges for sale of water from a standpipe. The charge for the 2017/2018 financial year is $4 per kL. Payment by cash at the Nammoona landfill cashier’s office is required.

What can the water be used for?

The water is for residents own private use and is not to be sold to another person. The water should not be used for potable purposes until the resident has satisfied themselves that it is safe to do so.

Have Your Say...

Quick Contact

Search Heading Text

Additional text about this search modal. Please update this under Site Settings > General Tab