Richmond Valley Council is now using VendorPanel to simplify the way the Council seeks quotes. VendorPanel is a web-based eProcurement system used by hundreds of organisations to increase transparency and compliance in quote-based purchasing processes.
Benefits for suppliers
The VendorPanel system allows Council Officers to request quotes from three (3) types of supplier categories:
- Open market (Marketplace) suppliers,
- Registered suppliers (Self-Invitation), and
- Selected Pre-qualified suppliers (Tender Established)
The VendorPanel system gives an easy and consistent way to hear about opportunities from Richmond Valley Council. The VendorPanel system is:
- Free to suppliers and contractors to register on VendorPanel
- Easy to set up – just add your business details and relevant compliance documents.
- Provides a consistent RFQ format and process.
- Simplifies management of compliance documents for the Council.
- Gives Council Officers an easy way to send out quotes, increasing the chances of you hearing about works.
- Allows you to manage multiple supplier lists from one account.
- Set up so users can easily download reports on all the requests received, with a record of what you responded to.
VendorPanel – three types of supplier categories
1. The marketplace
The VendorPanel Marketplace will be used for quotations sought from suppliers and contractors where goods and services are not able to be sourced from the other two supplier categories listed below.
Suppliers and Contractors should register in all the categories that best represent the goods and service they provide.
VendorPanel Marketplace provides opportunities for suppliers and contractors to be visible to other council and government entities that use VendorPanel.
To register on the Marketplace follow the link below:
2. Registered suppliers/contractors (self-invitation)
A pool of suppliers/contractors that are registered by self-invitation for frequently used goods and services under $150,000 including GST.
Registered suppliers/contractors will submit compliance requirements specific to the category of goods and services as follows;
- Valid ABN Number
- Public and Product Liability
- Workers Compensation Certificate
- any other licence specific to that panel for the goods and service
To become a registered contractor for any of the services below please follow this link:
3. Pre-qualified suppliers (tender established)
Panels of contractors and suppliers established through a tender process for any goods and services valued at more than $150,000 including GST.
The following categories have an established pre-qualified panel.
- Building services
- Landscaping and recreation
- Road constructions/road maintenance
- Water and sewer services
Plant hire services
- Small plant
- Truck hire